So, you’ve finally decided you want to get your podcast listening organized? Here is a shortlist of the best podcatchers out there.
Overcast.fm (for iOS) is my choice, it has a clean minimalist layout, voice boost, which ensures the volume is consistent regardless the podcast source and allows you to share clips. It’s free and for $9.99/yr., you can lose the commercials. I dig it.
Runners up imo…
- Apple Podcasts. The OG of podcasting.
- Stitcher. (iOS) (Android) Allows you to stream different podcasts continuously.
- Breaker. (iOS) Comes w a social media twist.
- Pocket Casts. (Android) Solid, from what I hear I am an (iOS) user.
You can also check out the ‘Best Podcast Apps of 2019’ on Toms Guide
Now, you’ve got your listening game on, and you find yourself drowning in the millions of podcast episodes available!
You can follow @mindfulpodcasts on Instagram and mindfulpodcasts.com, to find podcast recommendations related to self-awareness mindfulness and growth.
Top 3 podcast search engines out there…
- Dope Podcasts is a great place to look for what you didn’t even know you wanted to listen to!
- Earbudfm is your friendly guide to great podcasts, 200 podcasts hand chosen by the folks at NPR.
- Listen notes is a search engine and the most comprehensive podcast database online. Search podcast show notes and audio transcripts by people, places, or topics.
Drop a message if you think I’ve left something worthy off this list and I will be glad to add it!
photo credit: Getty Images